This year’s annual ECWG Bombash will be a trip to Staunton in foothills of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains on Oct. 26-28.
Staunton, which is known for its historic architecture packed into five historic districts, is approximately 160 miles southwest of Washington, D.C. Smithsonian Magazine has named Staunton as one of the top 20 Small Towns in America
HIghlights of the Bombash will include:
- A casual Friday evening dinner and the opportunity to walk the Staunton Historic District
- A tour of the Blackfriars Playhouse, the world’s only re-creation of Shakespeare’s legendary indoor theater
- A visit to Woodrow Wilson’s birthplace, museum, and research library–the only presidential library in Virginia
- A tour of the Frontier Culture Museum, a living-history museum that illustrates the daily lives of the Shenandoah Valley’s early settleres
- Saturday cocktails and dinner with a speaker on a topic of local interest.
The Bombash’s base will be the Stonewall Jackson Hotel in the heart to downtown Staunton and a member of Historic Inns of America.
On the way home on Sunday participants will stop at Montpelier, the home of President James Madison and his wife Dolly.
Contact Frank Power, for details and reservations. 301 274 9377, email@example.com